19 May 2024

Just some thoughts

Hello, May!

May is a time of chaos: field trips, programs, middle school tours, going through my classroom, choosing what to take and what to leave, selling things, packing an entire classroom, renting a UHaul, making arrangements to get into my new classroom, moving, last day of school...

Really, the list could go on and on. May is made for craziness. So many things going on and so many things to plan for. 

I have so many mixed feelings right now. I'm so excited for the change in districts coming for me. I'm excited for a new school and new friends. I'm excited to work in a different community.

At the same time, I feel bad about all the kids I don't get to teach here in Rexburg now. I will miss the ones I have taught. I will miss their families. I will miss seeing former students as we take current students on a middle school tour. 

Even though I have things I will miss, I have zero regrets. 

Zilch.

None.

Nada.

There comes a point in life where you decide to take charge of your future and not let others choose your path. When only your expectations get to be considered. When you refuse to let anyone make you feel less than or unnecessary. When you get to be excited to go into a place where you get actual prep time that is paid. When you get to wear jeans every day without having to pay for it. 

Really, it's the small things that make a huge difference. 

I am willing to take a pay cut for the small things. (I actually won't be taking a pay cut with my new job, but I *would* if it came to it and I got the environment I'm seeking.) The small things show you that you matter. 

I truly think that the things that have been going on this past year have been the push I needed to get out and move on. Change normally fills me with dread and massive anxiety, but this change hasn't done that. That's how I know it's absolutely the right thing to do at this time in my life.

I'm excited about what the future holds for me. I'm looking forward to the small things. I'm ready to live the next chapter of my life instead of just dreaming it.

Here's to a bright future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!