These last two weeks have been harvest break for us. It's been so nice to have the time off! I've gotten a lot of home projects done. I didn't get to everything, but I'm okay with that. I did a lot. I feel good about what I did. I've been working slowly on getting my home to a point where it's supporting me as much as I'm supporting it. It'll always be a work in progress, but I'm really pleased with my progress.
I also didn't go up to school ONCE. That's basically a miracle for me. I usually always spend at least one day getting stuff done at school during a long break. This time, I just didn't have it in me. I've been so tired, and trying to get some home stuff done has taken everything I've got. And that's okay. I asked myself if anyone was going to die or end up in prison because I didn't go up to school. Since the answer is no, I'm fine with not going up.
I'm definitely feeling ready to get back to school. That's also something of a miracle. It's not that I don't like my job - I love it - but it really takes a lot out of me. I have a fantastic class this year. In fact, I'd say they're my unicorns. They're that rare, mystical class that only comes around once in a generation. They're SO GOOD. Things that I figured would take forever to train them on have taken days. They're doing so much of the heavy lifting this year that I actually feel at peace. Really, they're a Danielson distinguished evaluation wrapped up in a lovely package. I'm so grateful for them!
That's about it. I don't have a ton to report (obviously, or I'd maybe have written before now. Maybe not.), so until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!