02 April 2024

Ten on Tuesday #2


This week's Ten on Tuesday focuses on my Top Ten Adult Historical Fiction Authors. It was HARD to narrow it down, because HF is my favorite genre and I love SO MANY authors! 

1. Sarah Sundin

Sarah is first on my list for a great reason: she write World War II fiction, and that's my absolute favorite era. I've read every one of her books and I've loved every one of them. They're all five stars for me! Sarah is a master at bringing history to life. She creates strong characters who are so relatable and realistic. I feel like I'm right there when I read one of her books. I don't think I could choose one favorite among them, because I love them all so much. Sarah is a gem, and sends me signed bookplates for every book. One of these days, my dream is to actually get to meet her and get them signed in person!


2. Nichole Van

Nichole Van write the dreamiest slow burn romances. Hoo boy, do I love her stories! One thing she's a master of is the flawed villain/hero. Her most recent book is probably my favorite: A Heart Sufficient. It features a fellow we all love to hate: Tristan, Duke of Kendall. I disliked him through the previous books in the series, all while also loving him. I do not make sense, I know. Nichole is just such a great writer that it works that way. You love them and you hate them and you can't wait to find out more. I have all of her books on Kindle, and decided that wasn't enough, so I got them all in hard copy. Now I need a signing that I can get to... (hint hint)

3. Sarah M. Eden

I love Sarah Eden's books! They're so sweet and wonderful. She is so good at storytelling and so good at making you feel like you could be part of the world she's writing in. She does grumpy sunshine super well, which I love because that's one of my favorite tropes. Reading a Sarah Eden book is always time well spent. Sarah comes up to Southeast Idaho from time to time, so I've been able to meet her and get all my books signed. I do love signed books!

4. Jen Turano

Every time I read one of Jen Turano's books, I catch myself laughing out loud. Seriously. I can't stop! Her characters are just so funny and witty. They're people I want to picnic with, even though I wouldn't be invited because I am definitely not New York 400 material. Still. They're just delightful people who are a blast to read about. I doubt I could ever make it to a signing (I'm wondering if Jen Turano does signings?), but I can always hope.

5. Heidi Kimball

If you haven't read anything by Heidi Kimball, go fix that right now. She's such a fantastic writer. She draws you in and you're right there living the story. I think my favorite of hers is Where the Stars Meet the Sea (2020). I was teary eyed for so much of it. Not because I was sad, but because I loved it so much! Her other books are must reads as well! Goal: make it to a book signing, because I need these signed!

6. Sian Ann Bessey

So far, I have read all of the Georgian Gentlemen series, which I love. I own a whole bunch of other books that I'm getting to. I'm very interested in her medieval books. I haven't read a ton of books set in that time period, so I'm excited to see what one of my favorite authors does with it. I think one of my favorite things about Sian's books is how they're full of things that could absolutely happen and they're not weird about it. Does that even make sense? I just like that I could be there and it would make perfect sense for me to be. Fun fact: Sian Ann Bessey lives in my hometown, and has done a couple of events here. I've been able to meet her and get my books signed!

7. Rebecca Connolly

I love Rebecca Connolly's historical fiction books so much! They're full of really fun people, crazy situations, hope, and love. I especially loved the Spinster Chronicles. Probably because I am one... I just found those ladies so delightful. I would have loved to be able to take tea with them and write fun, secret columns! I'm just about ready to jump into the third Cornwall book, and I can't wait! Goal: also make it to an event where Rebecca is so that I can get my books signed. I have them all on my Kindle, and also in hard copy.

8. Mimi Matthews

Oh my gosh, Mimi Matthews! Could I even choose a favorite series from her? No, no I could not. I've loved every one of her books and for good reason. They're just amazing. I'm very character driven in my reading, and Mimi's characters are top notch. I have so many book best friends thanks to her. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book to come out! I am trying to be strong, but I may have to push the checkout button on my Amazon cart with all her books in hard copy. I have them on my Kindle.

9. Julianne Donaldson

Julianne Donaldson was my introduction to sweet historical romance with Edenbrooke. It's one of my all-time favorite books. Philip - SWOON. One of the highlights of my summer last year was getting to meet Julianne and have my copy of Edenbrooke and Blackmore signed. I do believe it's time for a reread.

10. Nancy Campbell Allen

Nancy Campbell Allen's books are So. Much. FUN! I love steampunk, and NCA is a genius at it. Her books don't fall into the weird steampunk category - they feel like they could be happening. They're so clever and amazing! I loved getting to meet her last summer and have my books signed. Always a highlight for me!

I was going to do an Honorable Mention list as well, but I decided that I'll do other Ten on Tuesday posts where I can showcase all my other favorites. There were so many that I was afraid I'd miss someone!

Now you have a whole bunch of reading to do. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!